My Sheri Crafts #98


The current theme over at My Sheri Crafts is to make any project that shows "thanks" to honor the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday

I have decided to make a Thanksgiving banner to display at my home






Each section of the banner measures at 4.25" x 5.5" ... it was more efficient to cut up a piece of 8.5" x 11" cardstock into exactly four pieces.  I also used a thicker cardboard cardstock underneath each panel to make it more durable.  The font is "Rockwell Extra Bold" and I used SCAL to create it and cut it with my Cricut.  I decided to use the pilgrims at the end panels and those are from the Thanskgiving Cricut cartridge.  All the large flowers were something I've had that's been hanging around for a long time.  The smaller flowers were originally white and I used alcohol inks to dye them to match the colors of the papers from the upper part of each panel




The papers are from the "Grace" paper pack by Close to My Heart.  It's hard to see or read it but the background paper for most of the panels are printed words repeating the definition of words such as thankful, grateful, family, friends, and other words



Now, I wonder if Sheri or Peachy will notice that these large flowers are from the same batch of flowers I used in my last MSC Fall project ages ago... heee heee


Now... it's your turn to create something spectacular and join us over at  My Sheri Crafts

Supplies used:
Large flowers are store bought, they came in a bouqet
Small flowers are from $1 bin at Michael's Crafts
Alcohol inks 
Eyelets
Liquid Pearls 
Close to My Heart - papers
Fiskars - corner punch
SCAL - for "GIVE THANKS" using Rockwell Extra Bold font
Spellbinder - labels seventeen
Cricut cartridge: George and Basic Shapes - ovals
Cricut cartridge: Thanksgiving - pilgrims

5 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow Raquel, you sure did go all out on this fabulous banner! All the time and work that went into this project really paid off! Amazing job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raq this is the most gorgeous banner I have seen in a while!! so much great detail!! love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it! Beautful banner! I love all the beautfiul, rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOA, Raquel, this is AMAZING in every sweet detail -- I LOVE this and know that your family will enjoy this work of art for many Thanksgiving celebrations to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Beautiful!Gorgeous Flowers!!

    ReplyDelete