My Sheri Crafts #90


We have a YUMMY theme over at My Sheri Crafts this time around!  Ice cream, ice cream, and yet more ice cream!  You got it!  Use ice cream on your project to celebrate July's National Ice Cream Month


I wasn't exactly sure what to do for my project except I was absolutely sure, I didn't want to make a traditional card.  At first, I was going to make a word book.  So, this is what I ended up making... a hybrid of a birthday card / mini book.  As you turn the page... a scoop of ice cream also disappears.  I should have made four pages so the last page would leave you with just the cone.  Oh well!  Next time.

I had a great time creating this in Design Studio... lots of welding.  I also had to use SCAL to create some of the shadowing for the lettering since the original is too thin or just didn't exist

... lots of embossing and inking and glitter as well.  What a messy project but well worth it


Now let's see what you come up with!  Come join us at My Sheri Crafts with your ice cream projects



Click on the images for a larger view


  • Project size  - 3.5" x 7"
  • Papers - DCWV
  • Crop-A-Dile - eyelets
  • Cuttlebug - embossing
  • Memory Maker Tag Maker - tag
  • Stickles - various colors
  • Sure Cuts A Lot - shadowing
  • Design Studio
  • Cricut cartridges:
    • Celebrations - "celebrate"
    • Fabulous Finds - base shape pages
    • Indie Art - ice cream
    • Stamping - "It's Your Day"
    • Wild Card - "Happy Birthday"

8 comments:

  1. Raquel,
    I cannot begin to tell you cute this card/book is. I just love that when you turn the page a scoop of ice cream disappears. And that each page has a different sentiment is just wonderful. I love the way you put the book together and ran the ribbon through the holes at the top. All of the inking and glitter is beautiful and sure worth it! This is one of the cutest projects I have seen in a long time.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raquel, you're a GENIUS -- this is sooo stinkin' CUTE -- I totally LOVE it!!! Those papers are perfect and I think some young lady (or older lady) will be absolutely THRILLED to receive this!!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raquel, WOW, this is SOOO Awesome!!! You always come up with such brilliant ideas! :D I just LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Lots of work, but well worth it with the finished project! Looks yummy! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raq I am going to have to scraplift this idea its amazing! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. q I love this! It's beautiful and so creative, too! Absolutely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Gorgeous project! Love the way the scoop of ice cream disappears! Pretty papers and great sentiments! Wonderful and unique!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Raq, what a nifty idea! It's quite original and every page shows a wonderful surprise! I just love this!

    ReplyDelete